Tree Service Maytown PA
We’re on a mission to help residential and commercial properties in Maytown, PA with all their tree service needs.
Find yourself asking “who is a tree removal service near me?”
When you choose us from the many regional tree removal companies in Maytown PA, you can feel confident that we’ll take care of your trees as if they were our own.
Our staff of professional tree trimming specialists are vetted and guaranteed to provide top notch service. Not only that, but we are unrivaled professionals at tree trimming and tree removal.
Here’s just a few of the many services we provide …
– Removing trees near power lines
We can deal with even the trickiest tree service projects for Maytown PA residences and commercial properties!
We can do tree removal, tree trimming, stump removal, and so much more!
We’re on a mission to serve Maytown PA with all their tree service needs.
Safe removal of a dead or dying tree is best left to a professional tree removal service, especially if the tree is large and close to your home. Homeowners could try to remove a small tree on their own, but this should also be done with care to help save the tree. The tree removal process outlined below may seem easy enough, but without the right equipment and knowledge, it could pose great risk to those involved. No matter who removes the tree, it’s important to be aware of the steps involved.
What Steps are Involved in Tree Removal
After you’ve determined a tree must be removed—whether it’s dead, dying, diseased, or poses a risk to others—the following steps should be taken before, during, and after tree removal. Some steps are easy for a homeowner to take care of before a professional arrives to remove the tree.
- Clear the area. There should be room around the tree for it to lay flat on the ground once it comes down. Estimate the height of the tree and clear whatever you can from the immediate area.
- Examine the tree. Notice which way the tree leans naturally—this could help determine the best direction it should fall. However, if you notice areas of decay, it could collapse easily and not fall where intended.
- Pick an escape route, or two. If the tree begins to fall out of control, you’ll want a clear path to run in the other direction. Notice what other areas around the tree are free of obstacles, and be prepared for anything.
- Gather the right equipment. Depending on the size of the tree, you may be able to cut it down with a handsaw. Larger trees with a trunk diameter of a foot or more require more power from a chainsaw.
You may want to call the pros now…
- Start the undercut. You’ve scoped out the area. You have an idea of the ideal direction you want the tree to fall. Now cut a V-shape at a 45-degree angle at the bottom of the side you want the tree to fall on. This undercut should be about a quarter of the tree’s diameter deep.
- Start the backcut. Go to the opposite side of the tree and cut straight through about two inches above your undercut. This should release the stress on the tree trunk.
- Move out of the way. Go ahead and yell “Timber” to alert others the tree is about to fall.
What to do After a Tree is Removed
Once the tree is on the ground, you can easily remove branches to make it easier to dispose of. You’ll also want to cut the log into multiple pieces to make hauling it off the site simpler. You can also remove the tree stump and landscape the area.
Want advice on how to prevent a tree from getting to the point it needs to be removed? Here’s a helpful article from ArborDay.org.
Here’s A Few Of The Tree Services We Offer
Tree Stump Grinding
Stump grinding, like the name indicates, is when we grind a stump down until it’s below the surface of the ground. We then cover the stump with a layer of topsoil, entirely erasing the stump from view. You’re then totally free to use that area for laying sod or planting flowers.
To grind down the stump, we utilize a large tool called a stump grinder. The mill looks like an enormous lawn mower that we position over the stump. A huge saw blade inside the machine then goes to work grinding and destroying the stump.
Stump grinding does not imply completely removing the stump; in fact, the underlying root structure will remain undamaged. Stump grinding is a popular choice since it’s more inexpensive and less intrusive than stump elimination.
Emergency Tree Removal
After storm damage, fallen or leaning trees can be hazardous if they have not totally come to rest on the ground. Property owners, please have an expert manage the moving of the tree to spare yourself injury!
Expert tree companies like Tree Service Lancaster County are experienced in thoroughly getting rid of a tree that has fallen during a storm.
You will first want to see and assess the circumstance if the tree is merely laying in the backyard– which folks experienced with a chain saw can deal with, or whether the tree still presents threats to home or people– which calls for qualified arborists with liability insurance coverage.
Often, just part of a tree may have been broken off or broken. While the particles on the ground can be tidied up easily, damaged branches still in the tree can end up being removed by wind and hurt individuals or residential or commercial property in a wide location under the tree. We advise removal of these hazardous branches right away for your own safety.We’re happy to help with this and can get to you quickly. Call us now!
Dead Branch Removal
The stump you see protruding of the ground is just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. Beneath the soil lies a vast root structure. When we carry out a full stump removal, we dig the stump out of the ground and remove its root structure. This is the most comprehensive way to take out a stump, however it’s likewise the most labor-intensive and expensive.
The speed of removal depends upon the size of the stump along with a couple of other factors. We have to take into account the current location of the tree, the size of the stump, how hard the wood is, and how rocky the surrounding soil is.
Whether you decide to select elimination or grinding, Tree Service Lancaster County is the natural choice for tree service in Maytown PA. We’ll finish it with quality, efficiency, and a competitive cost. You’ll see that our dedication to customer complete satisfaction is evident in the care we take when you work with us.
Call today to get a complimentary quote for stump elimination service near me!